You’ve probably heard the saying ‘content is king’. Despite the cliché, this phrase exists for a good reason. Great content is a must-have if you want to grow your business. It’s used to fuel every part of your digital marketing strategy, from infographics and videos for your social media to blog posts for your SEO. In fact, 55% of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority.
But without a content marketing agency, coming up with a never-ending stream of great content ideas is challenging. If you’re itching to create great content but stuck for inspiration, here are some quick ideas to get the creative juices flowing.
Content ideas for tradies.
As a tradie, you’ve got the know-how to help customers when it comes to the hands-on stuff, which gives you a great platform for creating content. Focus on sharing your expertise to build trust with your customers and become their ‘go-to’ source for any issues.
Content marketing ideas for plumbers.
- Plumbing 101: what are the different types of plumbing jobs out there?
- Taps won’t turn off? Here’s what to do.
- How to unclog a sink or a blocked drain
- The causes for poor hot water pressure (and how to fix it)
- X reasons to become a plumbing apprentice
- Do you need a commercial plumber for your office?
- X of the most common plumbing mistakes made by homeowners
- Are drain cleaners effective?
- DIY plumbing: X plumbing issues you can fix yourself
- X signs you should call a plumber
- How to fix common leaks or blockages
- X amazing plumbing tricks and hacks
- What’s in a plumber’s toolbox?
- The daily life of a plumber
Infographic design ideas
- X common reasons for a leaking or broken shower
- X tips to save water in your home
- Electric, gas or solar: which water heater is right for you?
- X tools you should have in your house
- Different types of taps and tap fittings
Content ideas for electricians.
- How often should I be changing my light bulbs?
- X lighting trends for 2020
- Why you need an electrician to install your smart home systems
- What’s the difference between a light dimmer and a light switch?
- Renovating your home? X electrical considerations you need to take into account
- Essential maintenance tips for your electrical appliances
- Loose outlet plug? Here’s what to do
- What causes a dead outlet and what can you do about it?
- X most common electrical issues in your home
- Residential vs. commercial electricians: the main similarities and differences
- X common electrical terms and principles you should know
- How does electrical wiring in your house work?
- How to create amazing lighting effects in your home
- X amazing tips and hacks from an electrician
Infographic example ideas
- X tips to lower your electricity bill
- How much do different electrical jobs cost on average?
- X electrical tools you need in your home
- Which light fixture is right for you?
Content ideas for mechanics.
- The X most common mechanical problems and their causes
- Tips for better car maintenance
- Car issues that can only be resolved by a mechanic
- How often should you visit the mechanic?
- Car won’t start? Here are X possible reasons why
- How to fix a tyre
- X biggest mechanical fails and how to avoid them
- How to explain car problems to your mechanic
Infographic creation ideas
- X different types of tyres: which is right for you?
- Understanding all the parts of your car
- The different types of cars out there
Content ideas for builders.
- How to ensure your home renovation project is delivered on time
- Home renovation projects that require professional help
- How to choose the right builder
- Building a new home? Your step-by-step guide
- X affordable home renovation projects
- Home transformation: before and afters
- X DIY projects you can do around the house
- The most common home renovation mistakes (and how to avoid them)
Infographic template ideas
- X home decor trends for 2020
- Home renovation projects ranked from cheapest to most expensive
- The ultimate home renovation checklist
Content ideas for beauty services.
The internet is filled with people looking for beauty inspiration, so this is a content goldmine! Create regular blog posts updating customers on seasonal beauty trends, as well as educational pieces on the different types of treatments out there.
Blog topic ideas
- X beauty trends for 2020
- How often should you get a facial?
- Shellac, gel or acrylic: which one is right for you?
- How to prevent dry skin in the winter
- What is microdermabrasion and when should you get it?
- What to know before getting your first wax
- First spray tan? Here’s what you should know
- Facial or peel: what’s the difference?
- What is a body wrap and should you get one?
- Summer makeup tutorial
- Daily skincare routine of a beautician
- X tips for post-beauty treatment care
- Beauty secrets from the professionals
- X must-haves in your make-up kit
- Summer beauty must-haves
- X tips for your daily beauty routine
- X anti-aging tips
Content ideas for financial institutions.
People are always looking for ways to make more money, retire earlier and reach their financial goals. If you’re working in finance, focus on giving customers practical advice on day-to-day money management, while also helping them improve their financial literacy.
Blog post ideas
- X finance tips from the world’s richest people
- How to prepare for tax time
- X finance tips for small business owners
- X reasons you need an accountant
- Understanding the basics of superannuation
- Getting a home loan? What you should know
- The X different types of savings accounts
- What can a financial advisor do for you?
- X tips to help you retire earlier
- What is interest, and what types of interest are there?
- Finance 101: X terms everyone should be familiar with
- Everything you need to know about finance in an hour
- X tips for managing your personal finances
- Money matters: X money saving hacks you need to know
- Which credit card is right for you?
- What are the different types of insurance you can get?
- X quotes about finance from Warren Buffet
- X steps to financial freedom
Content ideas for healthcare.
As a nation, Aussies want to be healthy and healthcare is one of the most Googled things out there. But with so many people diagnosing themselves online, there’s plenty of room to create valuable content and dispel any myths in the healthcare arena.
Blog post ideas
- How often should you visit the dentist?
- X tips to take care of your teeth
- What are the different types of fillings and which one should you get?
- X healthcare tips your GP wants to know
- Your guide to vaccinations in Australia
- Here’s how to brush your teeth correctly
- X tips to help you live longer
- The biggest health myths debunked
- Different costs of healthcare around the world
- How to wash your hands properly
- X most common medicines in the world today
Want more top content marketing tips? Check out Yellow’s Business Hub for insights and advice on how to boost your business online with digital marketing.