If you’re a business owner, it’s likely that you understand the importance of social media marketing in today’s digital world.
And rightly so, with 4.6 billion people now using social media around the world (almost twice as many as five years ago)1, social media is exactly where you want to be focusing your efforts in order to expand your reach and deliver leads.
What’s interesting is that this number isn’t just made up of big businesses and their respective customers. In fact, 71% of small-to-mid-sized businesses now use social media to market themselves, and 52% post once a day.
If you’re looking to elevate your business’ social media approach, a good place to start is performing a social media audit to evaluate the current position of your online profile.
What is a social media audit, anyway?
A social media audit is a simple exercise to review your business’ current social presence and evaluate the opportunities for growth.
Try not to let the word ‘audit’ intimidate you. A social media audit can actually be a quick and simple task to help you in elevating your social footprint.
With our free Social Checkup tool, business owners can assess the performance of their social media efforts and learn how to improve across key areas of engagement.
What does the Social Checkup tool review?
Our Social Checkup analyses your social media presence across a range of platforms and gives a rating based on how you’re performing, including:
- Facebook – Is your business on Facebook? Having a social footprint on this platform will allow you to engage with your customers online, giving you the ability to advertise, run promotions and generate reviews.
- Facebook ads – Are you reaching your market? Facebook ads let you target the exact demographic looking for your products or services, generating engagement and leads.
- Instagram – Is your business on Instagram? Instagram is the perfect platform for promoting your business with great visuals and an engaged audience.
- Other platforms – Where else does your business appear and how is it performing? This may include presence on LinkedIn, Google Business Profile, and customer reviews on Google, Yelp and Helpsquare.
How to read your results.
Once the tool has completed analysing your business’ social footprint, you will receive a high-level, combined score out of 100.
Your current performance on the platforms mentioned above will be individually graded and display a coloured rating in line with the key below, to identify the areas that need a bit of love versus the areas that are currently excelling.
- Green – Good
- Orange – Room for improvement
- Red – Poor or not found
The Social Checkup is a great place to start when it comes to identifying the gaps in your social media strategy. Combined with your score, this handy tool will spit out tips and tricks to elevate your current position, expand your reach and generate more leads.
Ready to get started?