What is ‘PPC’?
- PPC is a type of Search Engine Marketing where an advertiser only pays the publisher (search engine, website or social media network) when someone clicks on their ad to find out more.
- PPC ads come in three major forms – text ads on a SERP (search engine results page) – such as Google Ads or Bing Ads; display ads (an image or motion graphic) on websites related to a target audience; or shopping ads, where an image of a product with basic info appears on a site like Amazon or eBay after the user has searched for that product.
What are the advantages of PPC?
- Speed: PPC quickly drives website traffic and conversions for the advertiser, making it one of the most efficient forms of digital marketing.
- Precision: The ability to target your audience means ads are appearing in front of the people looking for your product or service.
- Agility: Almost instantaneous data means you can tweak your advertising to ensure optimum performance.
- Measurement: Conversion tracking means you can assess the success of your ads and optimise for an improved ROI.
RELATED: SEO vs SEM: What’s the difference and do you need both?