Digital marketing DIY essentials during COVID-19.
Tips and advice on keeping your business healthy during the COVID-19 shutdown.
- Spotlight on: What tradespeople can do during COVID-19.
- How to shift towards an online way of working.
- Should you continue to market to your customers during lockdown?
A powerful, value driven way to communicate with your customers.
- CRM – what is it and why does it matter?
- So you’ve sent an email by mistake – here’s what you need to do.
- Email marketing tips to get you noticed.
Paid keywords, what's the deal?
Check out these clever ways to maximise paid search on Google.
- SEO vs SEM: What’s the difference and do you need both?
- Street Talk – Searching for a business online.
- What kinds of customers can you target with SEM?
Small business matters.
News and current affairs for small Aussie businesses.
- Holiday management 101: paying employees and scheduling time off.
- Key dates for the Australian tax year.
- Don’t panic: here’s what to do when you get a negative review.
Websites - what do customers expect?
Load time, mobile optimisation, UX - how does your website stack up?
- Quick fix – 5 ways to improve your website speed.
- Street Talk – Websites.
- 8 signs you need to invest in a new website.
Free resourcesFrom eBooks to templates, check out these free business resources.
- Template: Social media calendar 2020
- Template: Email campaign planner.
- Checklist: Your ultimate guide to working from home.
- Checklist: Keeping your business healthy during COVID-19.
- eBook: Easy, free essentials for your digital marketing right now.
- eBook: Lead generation for small business.
Have the government grants been able to help your business?
Can you, or your staff work from home if there's a Corona lockdown?
Are printed flyers still effective for communicating to your customers?
Have you ever used a professional marketing service?
Marketing Jargon buster
Backlinks:When a link from someone else’s website clicks through to your website, this is called a backlink. The more legitimate sites that link to your website, the higher Google ranks you in search results.
- Bounce rate
Bounce rate:The percentage of people who visited a page on your website and then left without taking a look around the rest of your site.
- Broken link
CRM: (AKA – Customer Relationship Management)Also known as Customer Relationship Management – it’s simply the way you manage interactions with your customers. This could be via email, SMS or a good old fashioned letterbox drop.
- Digital Display
Digital Display:This is like advertising your business on a busy online highway. Also known as banner ads, they feature on popular websites like news sites or catch-up tv
eDM: (AKA – Electronic Direct Mail)AKA electronic direct mail. Basically an email sent from your business to your customer database communicating anything from an offer to a change of business hours.
- Key word
Key word:A word or phrase that helps people find your web page when they use a search engine. Try using Google Analytics to work out the best keywords for your business.
- Keyword Stuffing
- Landing Page
- Link Juice
- Long tail keywords
Long tail keywords:A group of keywords used to create cost effective SEM (search engine marketing). E.G. as an alternative to the highly competitive keyword ‘plumber’, a long tail keyword option could be ‘drain blockage specialist Brunswick’.
Metadata:Basic metadata includes the title of your website page and the descriptive text below that appears on a Google results page.
UX: (AKA – User experience design)Design features that make it easy and pleasing for customers to use your website. This can include click through buttons, navigation bars and text layout.
- Open rate
Open rate:When you send an email campaign to your customer database, the open rate is the total number of emails your customers opened, expressed as a percentage of the total sent out.
- Organic Search Results
Organic Search Results :
ROI: (AKA – Return on Investment)A measure of the amount of dollar return on a particular investment, minus the investment’s cost. Usually defined as a percentage.
SEO: (AKA – Search Engine Optimisation)Search Engine Optimisation is when you use a number of practices to ensure your business appears in Google’s top - unpaid - search results.
- Social Influencers
Social Influencers:People with a large social media following, who are paid by brands (in $ or freebies) to create positive posts about their products and services.
Subscribe and stay in the loop. Sign-up to our newsletter for fresh insights and the latest marketing news.
Need a hand with your digital marketing?
Whether you want to be found by more customers or your website needs a revamp, Yellow’s expert team can help.Request a call back
- Bounce rate