Location-based marketing is a powerful tool, connecting small businesses to customers who are both nearby and want to buy. Typically people who search locally have already done their broader online research and are now ready to make a move, either through a purchase or store visit.
But what exactly do we mean when we say ‘location marketing’? In a nutshell, a location marketing strategy involves marketing tactics designed to geo-target customers based on their location. These tactics are aimed at boosting your business’ visibility with customers who are in your area.
This relatively new type of marketing has evolved thanks to the internet and smartphone technology and comes in a number of forms including local search, mapping tools, paid advertising and social media geo-targeting.
While there are lots of different ways to approach location marketing, basically it’s all about letting your targeted and local customers know you’re close by.
This proximity indicates:
- It’s easy to do business with you.
- As you’re from the same area, you are aware of the local community’s needs and wants and are a trustworthy choice for your customers.
In this guide, we’ll take you through the best ways to get in on the action with both paid and free options. This includes:
- Location marketing basics
- How to leverage opportunities to reach customers near you
- How to use local content in your website
- How to utilise mobile mapping apps
- Leveraging the power of free social media
- How paid ads can help with location marketing
- The importance of local ratings and reviews.
As with any marketing strategy, location marketing is ultimately about helping to attract new customers and grow your business. Learn the fundamentals by downloading our free eBook below.