Welcome to the first edition of Yellow’s Small Business Quarterly Report, where we review the results of our eNewsletter Hello Yellow! monthly poll, plus insights drawn from interviews with our advertisers, and a range of free resources to assist with your digital marketing.
Small business and SEO in 2019.
In our first Quarterly Report, we focus on one of the hottest topics for small business in Australia: search engine optimisation (SEO).
We take a deep dive into the results of our polling on SEO and its importance to small business, providing you with a snapshot of how your peers are using SEO in 2019.
We explore SMBs’ feelings about SEO, the challenges you face, and include tips for improving SEO that you can implement yourself. And we look at some of the latest SEO trends and how they impact your business online.
What matters to you.
Key takeaways from the poll include:
- 71% of respondents feature keywords on their websites, with nearly a third (29%) yet to incorporate keywords.
- Over 98% of respondents say local area marketing boosts business.
- 68% of respondents say it is important to appear on the first page of a Google search.
- 91% agree that it is important to have a mobile-friendly website.
What this means for SMBs.
It’s clear from the results that SEO is pretty important to small businesses. Yet, when your focus is on running your business, it’s difficult to find time to optimise your website or update your Google business page.
To help you meet this challenge, we’ve provided you with a range of tips and tools, including:
- How to add keywords and optimise your website.
- Advice on appearing in local search.
- Building authority through social media.
- Optimising your website for mobile.
- Links to free SEO resources.
For insights and advice on everything small business and SEO in 2019, download the Yellow Quarterly Report today.